Allright, I admit it...I just spent an entire weekend doing the most cerebrally paralyzing activities quite possibly known to man. Unashamedly, let me summarize:Friday, 4:30 am: wake up (yuck)
4:31...pray it's a dream and go back to sleep
4:37...wake up again (pesky alarm clock)
4:45-5:40..finish presentation could not complete night before due to exhaustion
6:05....out the door with second cup of coffee and quiet time on way to hospital
6:12...at work; a little depressed about being on call tonight, especially since Stacy is coming to town...decide to turn it over to God (duh...)
6:15-3:00(pm)...work, work, work, presentation, chart reviews, billing, admits, discharges, work, etc., until a brilliant plot springs to mind about how I can get out (oh, I mean renegotiate) of call tonight...
basically, after a 3-way trade that involved 5 residents, a considerable amount of monetary kick-backs, manual labor, my first-born's trust fund, and quite possibly the sacrifice of the local village goat (no offense to PETA lovers)...I got what I begged for...the night off!!!!!
4:15 pm...Stacy arrives at office....and I am delirious with sleep deprivation and joy that we can actually have a good time without the pager going off every 5 minutes...
5-8pm..complete manual labor as per above agreement...then have dinner with friends and between us consume impressive amount of salsa
11 pm (-ish) realize there's no hot water, so go look at hot water heater to investigate....
11pm and 42 seconds (-ish) scream bloody murder as am almost shocked to death by huge spark (yeah, from the burned into wires....it's been a while since I've had physics, but I'm thinkin' that ain't good..) that catches leaves on fire....go to attempt to turn off breakers (which, of course, are not labeled)....call brother in a panic, because he is, after all, the expert on such matters, and since he only lives a mere 2 1/2 hours away, can come to my rescue almost immediately...( i know, but when stacy told me my hair was standing up a little, all logical thought escaped me, and I became my seldom-seen alter ego: pitiful, whiny girl)
11:20...finally get power source turned off and am understandly relieved we won't be burned alive in our beds....my brother, who has a special crown just waiting for him in Heaven, has agreed to forgo his weekend work to drive over and fix the problem.
SATURDAY:
8 am...am awakened after first full night of sleep in LONG time....in our excitement, we go, donned in our most awesome pj's to get donuts, the first major food group of meaningless weekend activity...gotta keep up the strength..after brief consideration of who looks the least like a cambodian refugee (you had to be there) and prior to a paper-rock-scissors competition, Stacy agreed to get out (she did, after all, actually have on pants that were long enough)...which was just as well b/c half of the LC shows up at the donut stand....get apple filled for hero-prince brother in anticipation of his arrival
9ish-11ish consume donuts and in post-prandial lull contemplate getting dressed; unaminous vote in opposition to this motion...
lunch ish....nikki comes over and joins in the sugar-doping......they watch useless tv as she washes clothes and I, almost hypomanic from the consumption, clean my bedroom, assemble a new chair, and wash dishes....
2:00 ish....brother arrives (yeah) during torrential downpour (it rains EVERY time he visits), and I decide to venture out, for ice and, well, more sugar....
4:00 the gang has sandwiches (a little protein to offset the other stuff), and I break out the chocolate fondue fountain stacy gave me for my b-day last october...yep, 1 1/2 pounds of hersheological therapy.....it truly was a sight to behold....chocolate strawberries, chocolate apples, chocolate graham crackers, chocolate pretzels....much like Bubba/Gump et al...the possibilities were endless...until someone figured out that the only thing better than am donuts were recycled afternoon ones covered in...you guessed it....chocolate..
5:30...am physically in pain and near hyperglycemic coma when we decide to stop the madness...I (sadly enough) pulled the switch...brother cannot be persuaded to spend the night with us, and heads for home...after installing the most awesome switch for my hwh....
7:30...decide to see the cinematic masterpiece"Stick It" at the movies (only after watching 2 back-to-back episodes of "little people in a big world"......ask me about why they grow pumpkins...fascinating stuff, that).....and am pleasantly surprised..it was pretty good.
10:00...head to BAM to peruse the Christian fiction section and pick up stuff we'll read instead of actually doing work
Another full night's sleep...
SUNDAY:
SS about (sorry, blog nazi) the DaVinci code...still ok and much better than my SS class in S'port (maybe I can compare experiences with your friend, Stace...) followed by Church....decent sermon...an invite to lunch was turned down so the peeps could spend more time together before Stace's migration back north...(even if he did have nice arms, huh?)
ate with some friends and checked out their new house.....only sad moment of the day was when stacy had to leave....
ok, enough rambling.....Phil 3:14
6 comments:
aww, your recap was so much better than mine. and i had totally forgotten about the little people and their catapulting pumpkins! added a pic of nikki and the fondue for you. the blog nazi likes pics so i thought i'd hook a sista up. but if you don't like it, it's your blog...i just have access!
the blog nazi is actually a large assortment of people...because i, one of the many members of the blog nazi, do not have to have pics. i enjoy reading blogs as they were intended.
fondue funday is long gone...though i am having flashbacks today as i'm at my sister's house and the housewives marathon is on again! and lots of junk food but we've yet to eat a real meal...all that to say, it is time to update!
My people at work think I'm crazy...just sitting here cracking up out loud and since they don't know you, they just don't get it.
the blog nazi says, "zzzzzz!"
someone is in the metroplex this weekend and didn't get in touch with someone else.
Post a Comment